St. Polycarp Publishing House approached me in May 2017 after citing a need for media relations and social media for their brand. The start-up publishing company just rebranded its logo and was looking to get more exposure for their young brand. From July-September 2017, I worked with the company to help their branding efforts.
The strategy: Employ rigorous media outreach and targeted social media strategy to help company grow online presence
My responsibilities included:
- Helping SPPH brand effectively on Facebook
- Getting SPPH on regular posting schedule using a content/social media calendar
- Researching press outlets and potential partner organizations for SPPH to connect with
- Drafting and sending out press releases on behalf of company to Christian and/or conservative media outlets
- Consulting SPPH founder on social media best practices when requested
- Coaching SPPH on proper and effective use of free Facebook Live broadcasts
- Suggesting free software for founder to create and design company-specific social media graphics
I. Press Relations
From July-September 2017, I worked with SPPH to establish press contacts in targeted media markets–specifically Christian and/or conservative media outlets. SPPH now has these resources and contacts for future use.
II. Social Media
To supplement public relations efforts, I helped SPPH execute a social media strategy to grow the company’s respective accounts. We specifically focused on growing Facebook and helping SPPH establish an Instagram account:
- From July-September 2017, SPPH’s page grew 64% in followers during this three month period.
- During these last three months, SPPH hosted 5 Facebook Live broadcasts
- SPPH incorporated a social media strategy to circulate curated and created content to grow page
- I assisted SPPH with developing its voice on social media by honing its theme