Semper K9 Assistance Dogs was in need of additional help for their 2nd annual upland bird charity hunt this fall. Knowing my skill set with building strategic partnerships, handling press relations, and event planning, the group’s founders reached out to me to come on board for their December 2nd, 2017, hunt.
Semper K9 “seeks to heal the wounds of war by training service dogs to provide physical and emotional support to U.S. Armed Forces veterans and their families.” They have been honored by People Magazine and other notable publications for their work in helping veterans. (via SemperK9 website)
The strategy: Assist the nonprofit with event planning, strategic partnerships, and public relations needs.
Here’s what we accomplished:
- Helped scout for hunt preserve locations
- Researched media leads locally in Virginia
- Assisted in recruitment for hunt participants online and offline
- Promoted event across social media and to personal network
- Connected the organization with partners for the hunt
- Supplied photography services during the event
- Filmed event and produced an overview video
Here are pictures from the event for your viewing pleasure:
As a result of my participation, approximately 30 event participants showed up and $2,200 was raised in support of Semper K9. The organization will hold another charity hunt on March 4, 2018, so you can register for it here.
*If you’re a company or organization in need of help with public relations, strategic communications, or event planning, please contact me at Gabriella@GabriellaHoffman.com*